I'm Interested In
Dylan’s Pro Tips for BSD
1) Despite what your friends might tell you, it’s always best to pace yourself throughout the day.
Partying too hard at the crack of dawn will ensure that you won’t make it to the BSD Concert and Beer Gardens and especially not to any after party. So take it easy and you’ll have fun for the whole day.
2) Before you go to BSD Concert and Beer Gardens, make sure to put on sunscreen.
Amidst all the fluorescent tank tops, muscle shirts and other brightly coloured clothing that somehow counts as Bermuda shorts, you’ll probably have lots of skin showing. So throw on some sunscreen to make sure you don’t look like a tomato the next day. Unless you’re one of those people who tans easily in which case I am jealous and I hate you.
3) When you finally get to BSD Concert and Beer Gardens (if you decide to go), always be polite.
4) If you decide to go into the crowd at the concert, remember that you will not be the same person when you come out.
I personally equate it to a mosh pit but if you get technical, you need rock music (although MBF is pretty rockin). It’s rough, wild and fun in there so brace yourself before taking the plunge into the huge crowd of dancing people. Crowd surfing in theory sounds like a great idea but in practice it never ends well and most likely you’ll get dropped on the pavement. That’s what happened to me anyway. It hurt. Just don’t do it.
5) Finally, remember that BSD is all about celebrating the end of classes, and the end of another great school year.
The concert and beer gardens aren’t the be-all end-all, so go because you want to not because you feel like you have to. Look after yourself and your friends. Use the buddy system and have a fun, safe BSD!
Dylan is a 3rd year Drama major and an event coordinator at the SU. Get in touch with him on Instagram @dillsauce7 or on Twitter @Dill_sauce