Coordinator, Student Organizations
ABOUT THE STUDENTS’ UNION
The Students’ Union (SU) is one of the leading undergraduate student associations in Canada. We work to ensure that University of Calgary undergraduate students have the best possible university experience through advocacy, representation, and providing valuable on-campus services and programs. We also manage several businesses within the MacEwan Student Centre including a restaurant and bar, two concert venues, a convenience store, a used bookstore and copy centre, and the MacEwan Conference & Event Centre.
Students lead our organization, and so SU staff are all teachers in some capacity. We coach, mentor, and work alongside the elected members of our student government to help them develop skills and make good decisions for the organization. Because of this, we trust and invest in our staff as they are pivotal in supporting and fostering positive and productive student leadership. The SU is a nimble organization that can pivot quickly to address emerging issues and trends. This role is ideal for a professional, early in their career, who is looking for the freedom to innovate and is willing to take the initiative to expand their range of experience.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Coordinator, Student Organizations is a member of the Student Services department and provides administrative and organizational support and direction to the SU’s more than 300 registered clubs and the Clubs Committee. As a resource to students, the position is responsible to identify issues and provide solutions to ensure that clubs are supported according to the direction of the SU.
The Coordinator, Student Organizations will perform a variety of administrative activities including: coordinating weekly meetings, taking minutes, booking event and meeting space for clubs, event planning, developing and delivering learning materials, and maintaining effective communication with clubs. The role also provides information and advice on club and SU operational and governance procedures to various groups and individuals.
For more information on the role, including specific responsibilities, please consult the position description.
- University degree or college diploma along with one to two (1-2) years of relevant experience.
- Strong administrative and technical proficiency to support the daily transactional requirements of clubs, and to manage records, budgets, meetings, and minutes related to the Clubs Committee.
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills to meet daily work deadlines, ongoing club program commitments, and emerging priorities.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills to ensure self and others have a clear understanding of plans, activities, issues and other relevant information, and to ensure information is shared in an effective and collaborative manner.
- Demonstrated influencing and mentorship skills to assist elected officials and student staff in achieving positive outcomes.
- Superior interpersonal skills to interact positively and professionally with students from diverse backgrounds as well as members of the SU, University, and external community.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.