Daytime Supervisor/Lead Server
We’re the Den & Black Lounge – a student tradition for over 45 years and the best campus restaurant and bar in Canada. We’re located in Mac Hall, the vibrant heart of the University of Calgary campus. With outstanding food and an increasingly innovative roster of programming, we’re charting a new path forward for the Den and we want you to be part of it! Join our team!
The Daytime Supervisor reports to the Den Manager and Assistant Manager. This role is primarily responsible for the supervision of front-of-house operations for the Den & Black Lounge. The position regularly interacts with customers to gauge service levels and responds to and resolves complaints or concerns.
- Front-of-house supervisor and lead server.
- Prepare opening checklist, reservation list, bartender float, keys and inventory sheets.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting with front-of-house staff.
- Assign sections and reservations.
- Assist servers/bartender with order taking, food running and payments.
- Create evening floor plan for night shift at 4:00 pm, facilitate the smooth transition from day shift to evening shift.
- Approve and account for voids/QSA’s/promos/discounts requested by staff.
- Delegate tasks to ensure staff are meeting the operational expectations for food preparation and delivery, service times, restaurant cleanliness and customer service.
- First point of contact for guests with dining related concerns. Respond appropriately to resolve any guest complaints.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to staff to increase their knowledge and capabilities in the areas of alcohol awareness and server intervention.
- Manage and account for cash floats and shortages.
- Provide summary for shift for daily report.
- Act as a zone fire warden and work as part of the evacuation team in case of fire, or any other type of emergency. Ensure completion of detailed reports related to security and medical incidents.
- Three (3) years plus experience working in a restaurant/bar, at a supervisory level, gained within a high-volume food and beverage service environment.
- Confident, self-driven and enthusiastic.
- Strong communication, organizational skills.
- Outstanding customer service orientation.
- Valid Proserve, ProTect, CPR, Emergency First Aid, WHMIS certification are preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Physically able to perform work; able to stand/walk for extended periods and lift or move objects up to 40 lbs.
Interested? Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.