FACULTY OF SOCIAL WORK REPRESENTATIVE
- TERM: May 2019 – OCTOBER 2019
- PAY: HONORARIA
Faculty Representatives are the main communication link between the SU and the faculty in which they are registered. They are responsible for representing and promoting the interests of the students in their faculty. Successful candidates will be reliable, flexible and have superior interpersonal, organizational and writing skills.
In addition to the purposes, functions and duties as defined within the SU bylaws and procedures, SLC Members/Faculty Representatives are responsible for:
- Preparing for, attending and participating in Students’ Legislative Council meetings (weekly in the fall/winter)
- Preparing for, attending and participating in General Faculties Council meetings (monthly)
- Serving on SU Committees
- Working with the Faculty of Social Work, student clubs, and students-at-large to promote SU events and initiatives and represent student interests
- Attending meetings in the Faculty of Social Work, including Faculty Council and its committees
If you are enthusiastic, energetic and innovative we can provide you with a diverse, exciting and ever-changing environment. This is your opportunity make a difference: advocate on academic issues, create new initiatives and help strengthen the university community on behalf of students.