I'm Interested In
The most inspiring class I ever took
When you claim that you have a Bachelor’s degree on your resume, employers expect you to be able to write, speak, analyze issues, have basic math skills, and are able to work on your own. Most degrees offer these types of abilities, what’s unique are the courses you have taken that have given you an extra advantage. What do I mean by an ‘extra advantage’?
- Classes with an emphasis on people’s behavior (Psychology?)
- Classes that help us think about our ancestors and the people who have come before us (Anthropology/ Archaeology?)
- Classes that help you achieve a healthier and more balanced lifestyle (Kinesiology?)
- Classes that focus on international cultures, world events, and what has happened in the past (History?)
- Classes that connect spiritually with certain students and help them manage their stress levels (Religion?)
- Learning a new language and getting introduced to a new culture (Language classes?)
These were just some examples on how a student like you can choose a class that may not be a part of their degree. These miscellaneous classes can help students relieve some stress, inspire them to step out of their comfort zone, or maybe just help them learn about life in general.
The most inspiring class I ever took?
I would have to choose the creative writing class (ENGL 265) I took in my first year of university. It was so interesting for me to think in such an abstract way.
The professor would give us exercises that draw on the senses, these exercises would trigger bigger ideas in our heads. This class was also a chance for everyone to indirectly express themselves through their work. It would often bring up very personal issues in people’s lives, yet the confidentiality remained within the four walls.
This class was so fascinating to me compared to my usual business classes, it helped me find my inner creative side! I loved that feeling during every lecture!
When you find that inspiring and motivating class, your university experience will just get that much better, I promise!
Summer is a 3rd year accounting student, travel enthusiast, and recipe inventor. She spends most of her time in the kitchen while planning for her next vacation. “You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a plane ticket and that’s kind of the same thing”.