Annual SU Survey
The SU conducts an annual survey to assist us in identifying key areas of impact and contribution to student satisfaction and engagement at the University of Calgary. The survey helps to inform the SU’s strategic planning, advocacy to university administration and the government, and service provision.
This year our survey will ask you about your satisfaction with the University of Calgary. The survey will take 10 minutes and feedback from students in the past has led to the creation of new services and programs to meet student needs and helped direct advocacy and policy work throughout the Students’ Union (SU). Respondents who complete the survey will be entered in a prize draw. Full contest rules for the survey prize draw are available below.
Click here to start the survey!
If you have any questions or concerns about this survey, please contact Whitney Hunter at the Students’ Union, University of Calgary at email@example.com.
SU Survey Contest – 2019
Current students enrolled full- or part-time in an undergraduate program at the University of Calgary who complete the 2019 SU Annual Survey may enter to win one of the following prizes:
- One of two $250 flight vouchers.
- One of 100 $10 SU food court vouchers.
Chances of winning are approximately 1 in 29 (based on 3,000 survey respondents). Odds of winning may decrease based on the actual number of students who complete the survey, choose to enter the draw, and correctly answer the skill testing question. Duplicate entries will be disqualified.
The survey draw will be open from Jan. 7, 2019 at 12:00am and will close on Feb. 15 at 11:59pm.
Prize winners will be selected at random from email addresses provided. Each individual entrant is only eligible to win one prize.
Winners will be selected and notified on Feb. 19, 2019. The Students’ Union will make reasonable efforts to notify winners by Feb. 25, 2019 and are not responsible for misspelled email addresses or emails that are undeliverable to the recipient. Prize winners must redeem their prize at the SU Main Office by 4:30PM on March 8, 2019.
Names and email addresses provided for entry into the survey draw are collected and stored separately from SU Annual Survey data. Personal information collected for the survey draw will only be used for the purpose of notifying prize winners. All data will be stored through Campus Labs servers and will only be accessible through a unique username and password. Campus Labs has implemented various security measures at the application, network, and physical level to ensure that data will not be compromised.
We’ve made the previous survey reports available for those interested.
Latest Survey News
- The SU Survey: what’s important to YOU? (1/7/2019) - It’s that time of year again! Classes are back in full force, we are trying to get back into a school routine, and the annual SU Survey is launched for students’ feedback. You may be thinking “what SU Survey?” or “oh I don’t need to fill that out, my opinion won’t matter anyways”, BUT this […]
- Behind the scenes: Inside the SU Survey (11/1/2017) - Before I started working for the Students’ Union, I never really gave the annual SU Survey much thought. I assumed that the answers I left to open-ended questions on any university survey were just sent off to an untouched database of student grievances. I saw statistics in survey reports posted each year, but never quite […]
- Five SU Survey Results that Impacted the SU (1/12/2017) - Want the Students’ Union to hear YOUR voice? Each year the SU administers a survey to the University of Calgary student population to gather feedback. The SU values what you have to say! These results often inform improvements to areas such as SU clubs, services, advocacy and businesses. Want proof? Here are just some of […]