Annual SU Survey
Thank you for taking 10 minutes from your busy day to help us with this survey! Feedback from students in the past has led to the creation of new services and programs to meet student needs, and helped direct advocacy and policy work throughout the Students’ Union (SU). Respondents who complete the survey will be entered in a prize draw. Full contest rules for the survey prize draw are available below.
Participation in the survey is voluntary and you may withdraw at any time. There are no foreseen risks or direct benefits to completing the survey. Your responses are anonymous; no individual responses will be shared. Comments may be quoted but will be edited to remove portions that may reveal an individual’s identity. All responses will be aggregated and analyzed. Contact information is being collected for the prize draw only and will not be connected to your responses. By clicking NEXT you are consenting to participate in the survey.
If you have any questions or concerns about this survey, please contact Whitney Hunter at the Students’ Union, University of Calgary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not forget to click the FINISH button when you reach the end of the survey or your prize draw entry will not be submitted.
SU Survey Contest – 2018
Current students enrolled full- or part-time in an undergraduate program at the University of Calgary who complete the 2018 SU Annual Survey may enter to win one of the following prizes:
- One Apple iPad valued at approximately $500.00
- One of 100 $10 SU food court vouchers.
Chances of winning are approximately 1 in 29 (based on 3,000 survey respondents). Odds of winning may decrease based on the actual number of students who complete the survey, choose to enter the draw, and correctly answer the skill testing question. Duplicate entries will be disqualified.
The survey draw will be open from Jan. 8, 2018 at 12:00am and will close on Feb. 16, 2018at 11:59pm.
Prize winners will be selected at random from email addresses provided. Each individual entrant is only eligible to win one prize.
Winners will be selected and notified on Feb. 20, 2018. The Students’ Union will make reasonable efforts to notify winners by Feb. 23, 2018 and is not responsible for misspelled email addresses or emails that are undeliverable to the recipient. Prize winners must redeem their prize at the SU Main Office by 4:30PM on March 2, 2018.
Names and email addresses provided for entry into the survey draw are collected and stored separately from SU Annual Survey data. Personal information collected for the survey draw will only be used for the purpose of notifying prize winners. All data will be stored through Campus Labs servers and will only be accessible through a unique username and password. Campus Labs has implemented various security measures at the application, network, and physical level to ensure that data will not be compromised.
We’ve made the previous survey reports available for those interested.
Latest Survey News
- The SU Survey: what’s important to YOU? (1/15/2018) - What is this SU Annual Survey you speak of? It’s that time of year again! Classes are back in full force, we are trying to get back into a school routine, and the annual SU Survey is launched for students’ feedback. You may be thinking “what SU Survey?” or “oh I don’t need to fill […]
- Behind the scenes: Inside the SU Survey (11/1/2017) - Before I started working for the Students’ Union, I never really gave the annual SU Survey much thought. I assumed that the answers I left to open-ended questions on any university survey were just sent off to an untouched database of student grievances. I saw statistics in survey reports posted each year, but never quite […]
- Five SU Survey Results that Impacted the SU (1/12/2017) - Want the Students’ Union to hear YOUR voice? Each year the SU administers a survey to the University of Calgary student population to gather feedback. The SU values what you have to say! These results often inform improvements to areas such as SU clubs, services, advocacy and businesses. Want proof? Here are just some of […]