applications for 2015/2016 now closed
Recognizing the importance of providing students with opportunities to make valuable connections to the work world in a career related to their area of study, the University of Calgary Students’ Union is proud to sponsors the Student’s Union Program for Education Related Work (SUPER Work) through Quality Money.
SUPER Work provides a $1000 wage subsidy award to University of Calgary undergraduate students earning less than a competitive wage at a summer employment position related to their degree program.
Am I eligible?
- Applicants must be current a full-time University of Calgary undergraduate student, taking a minimum of 3 courses, and enrolled in the upcoming fall session.
What type of work does SUPER Work cover?
- Summer employment pay rate is less than $12.50 per hour (position must adhere to the minimum hourly wage requirements for the Province of Alberta)
- Must be employed full time; working hours defined as a minimum of 30 hours per week to a maximum of 40 hours per week.
- Must be employed for a minimum of 12 weeks during May to August.
- Must be directly related to the applicant’s degree program or area of concentration.
How do I apply?
The application form will be available below while applications are being accepted.
Applications will be accepted commencing March 7, 2016 through to the final application deadline of September 9, 2016.
How will I know if my application is approved?
Only successful applicants will be contacted by the Students’ Union.
Applications will be processed and conditionally approved on a “first-come-first-served basis” until all available program funds have been allocated.
Successful applicants will be informed via email (or phone if required) within 10 business days from the application deadline.
When will I receive my award?
Reimbursement will be available for pick up at the Students’ Union office within 10 business days from the receipt of the employment confirm and university registration documents. Successful applicants must provide the following documentation by October 7, 2016 in order to receive the award:
- Letter from employer, on company letterhead, confirming
- Pay Rate
- Total Hours Worked and
- Employment Start and End Dates
- University of Calgary statement of registration for the 2016-2017 academic years.
For further information on the program please call 403-220-6551.
This program is fully funded through the Students’ Union Quality Money Program.
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Students’ Union, University of Calgary, is committed to safeguarding the personal information entrusted to us. We manage your personal information in accordance with Alberta’s Personal Information Protection Act.