Campus Food Bank Fall Harvest Food Drive
SU Fall Harvest Food Drive
Help us secure the SU Campus Food Bank for the fall and winter months. There are so many ways to make a donation: on your own, as part of a team, or anonymously. Each day in October, we’ll post a new, creative way to participate to help spark your ideas.
And we want to see how you did it! Take a photo of yourself or your team dropping off your donation, and tag us @suuofc to be entered to win prizes!
3 ways to participate in the SU Harvest Food Drive
- Gather donations
- Drop off the donations any time from 8:30am -5:00pm in MacEwan Hall
- Donation box is located by the Info Centre
- Monetary donations can be dropped off from 11 to 2 pm at ICLF or email us to set up a time for a credit card donation
- As an individual
- Utilize our handy calendar to help you gather donations for the SU CFB Food Drive – new tips and ideas every day!
- Drop off the donations any time during the month from 8:30am -5:00pm in MacEwan Hall
- Donation box is located by the Information Centre/Lost and Found. Monetary donations can be dropped off at ICLF from 11 to 2, or make an appointment for doing a credit card donation. Make sure to include your name, email and phone number with your donation so we can add you to our participant list and send you a thank you!
Take a picture of yourself participating in the food drive – either while you are collecting or while you are donating. Tag us @SUUofC on Instagram or FB and be entered into our draw for 1 of 2 gift card prizes. (Winners announced in early November)
- As a Team:
- Gather your office colleagues, club members or loved ones and create a (socially distanced) team. Spend the month collecting donations. Once you’ve gathered it all together, your team Captain sends us an email, telling us your team’s story (100 words or less). Include the following:
- How many team members?
- What methods did you use to collect your donations?
- Some pictures of your team participating
Then make an appointment with us for a curbside drop off at MacEwan Hall
- Two prizes to be given – 1 for the largest donation and 1 for the team who collected donations in the most creative manner. Prize includes a feature on SU social media and a basket of treats to share.
To learn more about the SU Campus Food Bank, click here.
DONATING TO THE FOOD BANK
The SU Campus Food Bank always appreciates food and cash donations. However the following is a list (in order of importance) of items that are especially in demand.
- Monetary donations
- Boxed macaroni and cheese
- Pasta sauce, tomato sauce and tomato paste
- Pasta and dry soup (Ichiban, Mr. Noodles, etc.)
- Canned fruit and vegetables
- Canned meat (ham, turkey, chicken) and seafood (salmon, tuna, sardines)
- Meal helper (Sidekicks, Hamburger Helpers, Uncle Ben’s, etc.)
- Peanut Butter
- Coffee, tea and hot chocolate
- Toiletries (toilet paper, menstrual hygiene products, travel-sized deodorant, bar soap, etc.)
Food donations are always appreciated. However, monetary donations help us to provide nutritionally balanced hampers that include perishable items such as fresh vegetables, milk and eggs.