Run A Club
Sign In/Sign Up
Your complete guide to being and running an SU Registered Club!
Do you have questions about club services, deadlines, policies or procedures? Then you have come to the right place! Just about everything you need to know as a club is located in the Clubs Manual.
What’s in the Clubs Manual?
The Clubs Manual is the complete guide to funding, services, rights, and responsibilities of SU Registered Clubs. It helps answer your questions about:
- Important Deadlines
- Mandatory Requirements and Expectations
- Club Events and Risk Management
- Space Booking
- Awards and Scholarships
- Posters and Advertising
- SU Club Policies
- …and more!
Jr Executive Program
Clubs participating in the Jr Executive Program aim to recruit engaged first and second year students (although any UCalgary undergrad can take part) who want to be active decision-makers without becoming full club executives. Check out the helpful guide below for implementing the Jr Executive Program within your club, or sign up your club today by emailing the CSO.
Jr Executive Guide
Club Awards and Scholarships
The Students’ Union is proud to recognize excellence among clubs and club members for their outstanding contributions to the quality of student life on campus through Club Awards. Each year, these awards and endowments are presented at the Club Awards Banquet in April along with the Eric Lahoda Memorial Scholarships. Check back in January for information on how to apply!
- Club Awards are each accompanied by a $250.00 endowment and recognize excellence among Registered SU Clubs. Applications for awards open in February on ClubHub. The Club Award categories are:
- Advocacy: Championing important social or political causes.
- Alumni Engagement: Demonstrating meaningful engagement between club members and alumna. Sponsored by UCalgary Alumni.
- Best New Club: Filling a niche on campus while creating a thriving club within first year.
- Campus Pride: Visibly celebrating campus while promoting spirit of wellness and community. Sponsored by UCalgary Leadership and Student Engagement.
- Club of the Year: Demonstrating excellence in most, if not all, other award categories.
- Collaboration: Encouraging greater participation within the campus community.
- Community Service: Participating or planning events and initiatives that benefit the community as a whole.
- First Year Engagement: Actively seeking, including, and engaging, first year students at UCalgary. Sponsored by UCalgary Leadership and Student Engagement.
- Innovation: Diversifying activities in new ways and pioneering creative programs.
- Leadership: Developing exceptional leadership qualities within club community and among executives.
- Longevity, Ongoing Vitality, and Engagement (LOVE): Transitioning between executives and completing all requirements.
- Quality of Education: Going beyond the in-classroom experience to ensure students receive quality education.
- Student Life: Creating a sense of community on campus and improving the quality of student life.
- Sustainability: Contributing to the sustainable future of UCalgary through events and initiatives. Sponsored by the UCalgary Office of Sustainabiltiy.
The Eric Lahoda Memorial Scholarship honours Eric Lahoda, a former student and dedicated club member and executive. This scholarship is made possible through the Quality Money Program. Ten scholarships, each valued at $10,000.00, are awarded each year. Applications will open in February on ClubHub.
This year, we’re working on bringing the WorkshopSeries online. We’ll be posting new how-to videos and content throughout the year on topics including budgeting, funding application tips, sponsorships, marketing to your members, and more. Check back for more information in September 2018.
Other Campus Resources
Didn’t find what you’re looking for yet? Check out some of our other campus resources available that you or your club can get involved with.
- UCalgary Involvement Portal: track your volunteering on campus online (administered through the Leadership and Student Engagement office).
- Leadership on Demand: request free, custom training and workshops for your student group (administered through the Leadership and Student Engagement office).
- LevelUp: get rewarded for participating in activities that boost your well-being and university experience (administered through Active Living).
- UCalgary Alumni: connect with UCalgary alumni, or join an alumni organization.
- SU Wellness Centre: build a supportive and resilient campus community by participating in one of the following training sessions: Community Helpers, The Inquiring Mind, and Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR).
- Bystander Intervention Training: build the skills required to intervene when witnessing harmful situations such as bullying, discrimination, and harassment.
- Days of Service: meet new people on campus and volunteer at events such as Orientation Week.
Still didn’t find what you were looking for? Make sure to contact the CSO.